Highlights from Release Wave 1 in 2022 for Dynamics 365
Twice a year, Microsoft brings new functions and features to Microsoft Dynamics 365. With the new release, which was published in April, the end users should benefit from the updates until September 2022. The first functions are already available, and we are happy to give you a preview of the innovations and pick out the highlights from the first wave of releases in 2022.
Packed with innovations and important functionalities to transform your business
The new release comes with several new features for all Dynamics 365 applications – from Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Finance, to Supply Chain Management. We are happy to provide you with the release notes for Dynamics 365.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Personalisation: personalise all interactions through a unified view of customer activity in Dynamics 365 Marketing, Sales and Customer Service.
- Individual customer approaches: Quickly personalise emails with predefined dynamic text without having to know the underlying data structure.
- Dynamic content: Capture your customers’ attention by creating dynamic content with easy-to-use no-code experiences.
- Real Time Marketing: Trigger fully automated customer journeys based on data changes in any Dynamics 365 app to target your customers at the right time without having to write code yourself.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
- Business insights and productivity tools to boost overall sales performance: salespeople receive real-time content suggestions during a customer call, such as battle cards, brand details and more. Easily customise and share call summaries with your own templates.
- Pre-installed Sales Hub in all environments: You can install the Sales Hub app and it’s set to be visible only to sales users, so it’s only visible to security roles.
- Teams and Outlook integration:
- Access and update Dynamics 365 records directly from Teams meetings.
- Share and update Dynamics 365 records from a Microsoft Teams message.
- Access business data contextually directly from Teams chats.
- Start a linked chat from the entry in a record.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service
- Forecast enquiry and conversation volumes: always plan with an appropriate number of agents. This way you avoid high costs in case of overcapacity and dissatisfied customers in case of undercapacity.
- Inbox improvements to increase agent productivity.
- Customer satisfaction surveys: Provide your customers with user-initiated feedback options.
- Knowledge Management: Improvements to the user experience when searching for knowledge articles.
- Teams Integration: Conversations embedded in Teams are directly linked to Customer Service records for a more contextual experience.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service
- Mobile: mobile usability enhancements to the user experience. These enhancements reduce the amount of time your employees have to spend interacting with customers in the app, allowing them to focus on the task at hand, whether it’s repairing or handling other customer concerns.
- Scheduling board: New advanced schedule board enabled for new customers.
- Windows 10 support for Dynamics 365 Field Service Mobile.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance
- OCR for vendor invoices: Configuration settings make optical character recognition (OCR) data processing flexible enough to meet multiple customer business needs. Specify mandatory fields for invoice data that are at least required for correct invoicing.
- Subscription billing: Flexible pricing is critical for billing customers. Subscription billing can be based on consumption, meter reading or usage.
- G/L Balancing Automation: The G/L balancing process is improved to reduce the number of manual steps through an automated billing process.
- Globalisation: Globalisation Studio improves globalisation capabilities with little code, providing globalisation services and content for many countries for all first and third-party apps, enhanced with pre-built ISV connectors. This includes Tax Calculation, Electronic Invoicing, and configurable Business Documents and Electronic Reporting.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Inventory and Logistics: Several new inventory and logistics features have been implemented to help you achieve transparency, resilience and efficiency in your supply chain through improved global inventory accounting, a unified pricing service and real-time visibility of inventory.
- Global Inventory Accounting Add-In: The new Global Inventory Accounting Add-In for Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management provides the ability to account inventory in multiple representations by applying the appropriate valuation method (standard cost, average, or specific identification) and the selected accounting currency per instance. This enables companies to account inventory using a local currency and the functional currency, and the new add-in provides a detailed audit trail to track posted original documents.
- Production: The new features focus on completing the modernisation of core production execution operations to achieve improved usability and resilience. This is done, for example, by supporting process manufacturing, improving integration between production and warehouse processes to enable end-to-end execution of production processes.
- Planning: Increase agility and respond to volatile business environments. Your tactical planning can be updated in real-time multiple times a day, resulting in shorter replenishment times and lower inventory levels, increasing resilience to disruptive changes in supply and demand.
Microsoft listens to the voices of its customers and not only impresses with the introduction of new features within the Power Platform and Dynamics 365, but also consistently improves existing functions and creates ever new bridges to give you the unique user experience even across application boundaries. Would you like to learn more? Then we at AlfaPeople are always at your disposal.