What is PSA
What is PSA for?
This suite allows your organization to:
- Forecast on business and project opportunities.
- Availability of resources in the projects / support / product.
- Assignment of activities in the corresponding project.
- Time recording.
- Sub / Over allocation of resources.
- Time consumed.
- Time recording.
- Organizational efficiency.
Why work on PSA
The organization works with the suite for the following reasons:
- It is a corporate tool.
- Optimizes the availability and allocation of resources.
- Optimizes estimation of costs and revenues of projects.
- Optimizes the billing of the projects, according to the type of business agreement with the client (T & M hourly rate, Fixed Fee, Expenses billable, Expenses fixed fee, Recurring, Products)
When to use PSA
The suite is used:
- To manage pre-sales opportunities, from time recording control.
- In project / implementation project management.
- In the management of support cases for installed base customers.
- In the management of internal activities.
Who uses PSA
The suite is used by:
- Consultants and Engineers, to register time.
- Project Managers / Support Leader to manage projects / cases.
- Director of Services for the availability and allocation of resources.
How to use PSA
- Generating the Forecast
- Availability and Allocation
- Time recording (Hours)
- Checking hours
- Approval of efficient hours
- Billing of the project, according to the negotiation terms with the client.
- Strengthening of the budget of each project.
In each implementation project created in PSA, the Forecast option is set and the forecast value is defined (by hour or by fixed value)
Resource availability is displayed by the sheet option. In this option, the available and assigned hours of the resource in a defined period of time are known. Additionally, depending on the number of hours allocated, PSA shows the level assigned by color, according to the table:
Colours and percentages, according to PSA
|Grey – Highly underutilized: Indicates less than 50% of utilization|
|Purple – Underutilized: Indicates less than 80% of utilization|
|Green – Good utilization: Indicates between 80% and 100% of utilization|
|Yellow – Over-utilized: Indicates between 100% and 120% of utilization|
|Red – Highly 0ver-utilized: Indicates higher than 120% of utilization|
|White – Leave: Indicates that the user is not available (ex: PTO)|
The allocation of the resource is usually done according to project to which the resource has been assigned. It is important, once the resource is allocated to the corresponding activity, to update the utilization sheet from the Gantt chart of the project.
Each Project Manager / Consultant / Engineer records in PSA the hours worked, daily, using the option Timesheet.
Daily, by means of the Hours option, the corresponding time record is verified.
The Services Director / Project Leader / Support Leader approves the hours recorded by the Consultant / Engineer, in order to check organizational efficiency.
Where are we going with PSA
There are several options of the suite to be used, such as, among others: