Gartner believes that 50 percent of all organizations will not be GDPR compliant when the enforcement goes into effect on May 25, 2018. Are you ready?
The Microsoft Cloud and Dynamics 365
The Microsoft Cloud and Dynamics 365 can help organizations getting far with GDPR compliance. We in AlfaPeople are ready to help to lift off-premise CRM solutions to the Cloud and Microsoft Dynamics 365 and in this way get far with the GDPR compliance. You can read more about this here.
The Trusted Cloud Principles fra Microsoft
Talking about the GDPR, it has around 160 requirements ranging from how you collect, store and use personal information to a 72-hour notification for personal data breaches. For these examples, cloud technology can help accelerate the path to GDPR compliance and that wouldn’t be so bad, would it?
Having a look at The Trusted Cloud Principles of Microsoft, they guide the way for cloud technology and compliance, by having a strong focus on:
- compliance and
These 4 principles are closely aligned with GDPR and because of this, the Microsoft Cloud can provide an easier path to GDPR compliance. Actually, Microsoft is committed to help their customers with GDPR compliance:
Microsoft cloud services across Dynamics 365, Azure, Office 365 and Windows 10 will all be compliant with the GDPR.
Unfortunately, however, it is not possible to purchase complete systems, products or services that make your organization 100% compliance with GDPR. The right technology can help you a long way and the right platform can make the task far more manageable, but there are also organizational actions to be taken care of internally to ensure GDPR compliance.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 and GDPR compliance
Microsoft Dynamics 365 has industry-leading security measures and privacy policies to safeguard data in the cloud. This includes categories of personal data that will be part of the GDPR compliance and therefore, Microsoft Dynamics 365 can help you far with GDRP compliance.
A critical requirement of the GDPR is to identify and control access to personal data. This is a key to secure the data that your organization possess. Data security is also a critical requirement of the GDPR and Dynamics 365 enables you to easily manage and control access to data in several ways:
- Role-based security in Microsoft Dynamics 365 allows you to organize privileges to different users, so limitations restrict access for personal data. This is an important feature and then especially when users change roles within an organization.
- Record-based security in Dynamics 365 enable restrict access to specific records.
- Field-level security in Dynamics 365 enable restrictions to access specific high-impact fields, such as identifiable information about individuals.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) helps to protect Dynamics 365 from unauthorized access by simplifying the management of users and groups and allowing to assign and revoke privileges easily. Tools included in Azure AD are Multi-Factor Authentication for highly-secure sign-in and Azure AD Privileged Identity Management that helps reducing risks associated with administrative privileges through access control, management, and reporting.
Another core benefit of Dynamics 365 is security of data:
- Security Development Lifecycle – a mandatory Microsoft process that embeds security requirements into every phase of a development process. Dynamics 365 is built using the Security Development Lifecycle.
- Encryption in transit between your users’ devices and our data centers, as well as while at rest in a Microsoft database, helps protect your Dynamics 365 data at all times.
For more information please visit Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 Trust Center.
How AlfaPeople can help you getting GDPR compliant
AlfaPeople is a Gold Microsoft Partner and Cloud CRM Partner of the Year in Denmark. We will strive to help our customers getting GDPR compliant. We are used to working with large, international projects within CRM and ERP, more precisely Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions. These solutions often involve a great amount of personal information, security demands and Change Management. Thus, our experience makes us able to understand how the GDPR requirements need to be addressed.
AlfaPeople can help you get ready for the GDPR with a 3-step approach involving assessment and analysis of processes supported by the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform. With a thorough analysis, we can provide customers with actionable insights into areas and processes affected by the GDPR, and subsequently help to prioritize, plan and implement actions which are found to be necessary to achieve GDPR compliance.
To get more information about how AlfaPeople can help you and your company getting ready for the GDPR – don’t hesitate to contact us.