Develop low-code, in-house applications with Microsoft Power Apps
Microsoft introduced Power Apps in 2018 in response to the recent massive expansion in enterprise mobile applications. According to strategyanalytics.com, another huge growth spurt is expected by the year 2022, making it a $128 billion dollar market.
The growth of enterprise mobile applications is not only a result of workers interacting more than ever through mobile applications, but the wide variety and volume of these apps to fulfill multiple tasks within an organization. Likewise, companies are also spending more on “people analytics” in an attempt to discover better integration of applications in terms of data measurement, analysis, work environment and talent performance.
Consider this: based on Deloitte’s “Global Human Capital Trends 2019” report, only 6% of the staff in charge of company recruitment believe they have the best processes and technologies to develop skills.
Why build your own enterprise applications?
The reasons go beyond saving your company time and overhead. According to Accenture in their “Technology Vision 2019” report, 45% of IT managers claim that over the past three years they have seen an increased rate of innovation as a result of the use of emerging technologies.
Modeled on the human learning process, Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a set of technologies applied in machines or mobile devices, which allows them to feel, understand and act with reason; while APIs, or integrations, allow applications to communicate and take advantage of developments that already exist, instead of having to create them from scratch.
Accenture defines enterprise mobile apps according to their type: there are apps made for sales, customer service, management, learning and collaboration.
How are enterprise applications used?
It is important to note that apps and in-house app creation technology generate benefits inside and outside of your organization. These advantages include:
- Access to information in real-time through an app
- Periodic improvements to work roles and duties
- Security and protection of sensitive information
- Smarter results and broader insights from data based on ongoing learning
- Service acutely focused on user behavior
- Error detection and analysis inside and outside the company
- Expanded team collaboration
- Greater business agility and adaptability.
And these are only some of the many other benefits of apps and app creation software, which are today helping thousands of companies to optimize their processes with the same type of dynamism as the human brain.
How is an enterprise application made without coding?
Making a truly intelligent app can be highly complex and involve a lot of work. However, nearly 87% of executives are aware of the importance of having these apps to execute and manage processes. It is also important to remember that there are applications such as Power Apps, designed by Microsoft, which allow your organization to integrate all workflows needs and data into a single app.
What is Microsoft Power Apps?
Power Apps is Microsoft’s solution for designing applications inside your company. It is an easy-to-use platform that allows you to create applications that improve business processes without your employees needing any prior knowledge of programming or coding.
Imagine a blank sheet where you can integrate the functionality and data of Excel, Word or any other Microsoft tool to create an app (Power Apps also support many third-party solutions).
What are the advantages of Microsoft Power Apps?
Power Apps allows you to reap a series of benefits. These include:
- Training your team with pre-built templates. All it takes is a simple drag-and-drop of a mouse.
- Deployment of artificial intelligence which can be integrated into your apps to get the best from your datasets.
- Designing pages for external users, such as applicants or people who work for your organization indirectly.
- Deployment of connectors and integrations that allow you to work hand-in-hand with another platform if you have previously created one.
- Integration with enterprise management applications such as Microsoft Dynamics 365.
If you’d like to implement a tailored application with all the functionality you need to start improving processes and innovating your organization, get in touch with official Power Apps partner AlfaPeople today!