Everything you need to know about Project Oakdale
What is Project Oakdale?
- A low-code platform to build the Power Apps for Microsoft Teams.
- It provides relational data storage and supports rich data types.
Additionally, Microsoft also announced that Common Data Service has now been renamed to Project Oakdale.
Is it a new service?
Project Oakdale is CDS, just with some of the enterprise features reserved for Pro. In simple words, a true relational database inside of Microsoft Teams.
How Project Oakdale will help our Customers?
- The user can build/deploy/share multiple Power Apps solutions, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agents(bots) within the Microsoft Teams.
- The user can access the multiple business apps directly from the MS Teams without navigating anywhere.
- The organization can automate team’s policy process with Power Automate and Office 365.
- Project Oakdale will be included at no additional cost in most Teams licenses.
- Relational DB with unlimited tables with rich data types.
- New controls built on the Microsoft Fluent framework, an auto-generated app templates that are fully responsive to help apps feel like they belong across Teams Web, Desktop and Mobile.
- Pre-made templates that are purpose built for Teams, for common scenarios like Asset Inspection, Floor Walk, Employee Ideas, and more.
When it will be available to the end-user?
No confirmed date provided by Microsoft but somewhere around mid-August.
- The company is planning an event within the organization. So, they can plan the Itinerary directly from the Microsoft Teams App (Excel-like interface).
- The employee wants to know the public holidays of the Organization.
- Pre-made Templates.
If you would like to learn more about how Project Oakdale can be a fit for you and your organization ? please get in touch.