Voice of the customer – Overview – Part 1
Hello, in this article we will introduce you to one of the several solutions that Microsoft has in its portfolio, further leveraging the Dynamics 365 ecosystem: Voice of the Customer (VoC).
Create and send surveys to get customer feedback with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and gain valuable information about your products and services. This solution allows customers to respond surveys by phone, tablet or computer, further facilitating interaction with the public. With its integration with Dynamics, you can view customer feedback while working on a sales opportunity or service attendance.
VoC has features such as:
- Create and customize your searches
- Generate actions according to responses
- Distribute the survey to a specific audience
- Create search models
- Panels and Reports
Today this component is available to anyone who owns Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online and Dynamics CRM Online. To start using VoC you need to enable it in your Office 365 Portal, so you need to be an Office 365 administrator.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Menus
Let’s take a look at the solution. After installation, in the Dynamics drop-down menu you will find the “Voice of the Customer” option. The Submenu contains the following items:
- Surveys: This is where all surveys will be created.
- Survey Answers: Through this menu you can find the answers provided by the customers.
- Answer Results: additional information provided by the customer for some answers and behaviors mapped, like: low score, subscription cancellation, increase of NPS and others.
- Images: here you can insert images to be used in the personalization of your surveys, such as your logo.
- Themes: allows customization of themes (layout and colors) that will be used in surveys.
In addition to these items, in the Settings menu of Microsoft Dynamics 365 you will find:
- VoC Settings: general product settings
- VoC Logs: allows you to query the answer synchronization history.
- VoC Imports: allows you to import previously created surveys.
Creating a Survey
Click on Voice of Customer > Surveys and then + New
Before we insert the questions, we first need to configure some items of our survey, in this part I will explain each form field:
- Name: how the survey will be identified internally. This name will not be displayed to the customer.
- Closing Date: Maximum date to respond the survey.
- Anonymous Response: allows the creation of an anonymous link so that anyone can respond to the survey.
- Enable Sharing: Allows you to share the survey on social networks.
- Allow Cancellation: allows customers to stop receiving surveys.
Survey Execution Time
Those are the most relevant fields:
- Theme: allows you to choose the theme to be used in this survey
- Logo: the image to be displayed in the top of the search
- Show progress bar: whether to display the progress bar at the top of the survey. Ex.:
- Show page numbers: defines if the page numbers will be shown in the survey footer.
- Header text: the text that will be shown at the left top of each survey page.
- Execution time title: text that will be shown in the browser tab.
After filling the form, save it.
To create the questions, you just need to switch to the form designer mode: The screen is divided into three sections:
- Section 1: In the first section you will see the pages created for the survey. You can also add new pages in this section.
- Section 2: The central section presents the contents of the selected page, where we can insert the questions.
- Section 3: The controls that can be added to the page.
Now let’s add a classification field and a text field. For this we will select page 1, and then add the Smile Rate control.
To add the control, just click and drag it to the dark gray area. This way the control will be displayed on the screen. After including it, you will see with a form where you can place the title of the question. This title will be displayed to the customer. Now write the text and click save and close. After saving it you will be able to see the control inserted in the page. When hovering the control with the cursor, a floating menu will appear:
Inline edit button, which allows to edit some information directly in the page.
Button that open the form control, which contains all configuration fields.
Button that deletes the control. It’s important to remember that when the control is delete, so are its reply options.
Now add a long reply control, define the question title and lick Save.
Testing the survey
To test the survey, click the Test button and you’re all set! Your survey will be created and ready to be tested.
So far so good? Intuitive and simple!
Now let’s submit our survey. To do that, we need to publish it. That will be covered in the next article.