At an operational level, Bluestar PLM facilitates and simplifies cross-functional business processes, at the same time providing clarity of management information and accurate documentation to every department and location in your business.
The list of features that Bluestar PLM provides to manufacturing companies is extensive:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX integration: Developed exclusively for the Dynamics AX ERP platform, it helps companies to achieve the optimum integration between engineering and manufacturing as well as a lower TCO;
- Microsoft Office and CAD integration: Take advantage of automatic data and file exchange between Dynamics AX and the chosen CAD system, as well as better control of product documents when using the Office suite;
- Product structure management: Multi-level bills of existing materials, associated drawings and documentation are visually represented and can be managed from a single product structure dashboard. New product structures can be easily added with the powerful drag & drop design;
- Centralised product information: Clients can create and access data from across the organisation in a single data solution plus consolidate documents and data pulled from CAD, Office, PLM and ERP systems;
- Product classification: Hierarchy-based product classifications and classification-specific attributes ensure accurate part descriptions and reliability of the associated data;
- Automated workflows: Applied to business processes from conception to completion in all departments and locations, automated workflows are managed with a graphical workflow engine;
- Revision control: Full ability to track revisions of Dynamics AX items and related drawings, 3D models, routes and technical documentation;
- Engineering change management: Change management processes from initial request through impact analysis and implementation in the production system are fully managed; and
- Multi-site collaboration: Make cooperative working between engineering teams spread across multiple locations easier with intelligent file replication.